Thursday, January 5

" We wish you the best of luck in your Education"

Day 5: Your Worst Moment...

My worst moment would probably be during 8th grade. It was the time of the year when everyone got their acceptance letters to high schools. I remember my friends being so happy in the morning because they got so many letters the day before. I would go home and get letters but they weren't the good letters. Instead they were the ones that said " We wish you the best of luck in your Education"....That sentence would haunt me every night. Getting letters everyday with the same exact sentence and NO! NO! NO! got me to the point that I didn't even want to open them anymore. I would cry everyday while my mom was cooking, and she would tell me in Spanish.." It doesn't matter where you go, you will do fine." At the time I didn't listen to her because I wanted to go to the good schools, where everyone was getting into. And then one time during school this kid,who got into a good school, came up to me. He started telling me how I would have to attend the worst school in the area, and how my life would suck so much. I let him get to me. Although at the end I still had to attend there.

Now I'm happy there. I've met some amazing people who have changed my life. If I ever see that kid again I will tell him that I'm HAPPY. The worst feeling was knowing that I was being rejected. That is why I fear applying to college. I don't want to feel like everyone is getting into great schools and I'm not. But high school is different. I  hope that things will be different this time. And instead of " We wish you the best of luck in your Education" it will be " Congratulations!"

1 comment: