Tuesday, January 3

day three: what's inside my head

day 3: your views on drugs and alcohol 

This is something I can write a lot about. I've had many drug experiences and I honestly don't regret any of them. It's made me the person I am today. I'm glad I have to struggle this hard in school to catch up. If they weren't problems, we wouldn't have the motivation to create change. I've created change within myself because of my drug experiences and I've embraced them. 
I know, however, that not everyone has the same brain as I do. Or the same motivations to use drugs. I was always a recreational user. Maybe sometimes I sought out for the fun to replace something bad that was going on. Nevertheless, I was never addicted. Thank God. But back to what I was saying. There are people who are using drugs for an escape from reality. Not to explore, Like I did. But to escape. To completely withdraw and find something they deem better. And then they loose themselves. And never find themselves. Those are the scary times. I feel like it's just something we have to deal with though. There's no point of me saying "I HATE HEROINE" because I know that isn't going to do anything but spread hate. I feel like we should just work toward a solution. I like ONSTAR. It's a program in Canada that provides drug addicts with help from injecting the drug to recovery. The treat the drug addicts as a person, not drug addicts. Imagine how it feels like to be shunned just because you want to escape reality. It will probably only make you want to escape even more. 
To make matters short: If you're going to be using recreational: know what you're doing, set your priorities straight, loose yourself but make sure you find yourself right back. Make sure you're doing it for the right reasons. I know some people might argue that there aren't any good reasons, but that's okay. you can't please anyone. 
If you're going toward harder drugs: I really want to give you a hug. I don't know what led you to make those decisions, I'm just sorry it had to happen. I hope you find the help you need because it can't be good living like that.

I also want to bring up though, that what if they're happier as a meth addict than as a sober person? Who is to take away from that happiness? It's weird to say "leave her alone. all she wants to do is her meth". But really..sometimes people are happier that way.
Maybe you are. So you can give them the opportunity to be happier through normal means longer. We all know meth cuts your life short...
I just hate all the drug related deaths and robberies. I don't know. It's all very complicated. It's a very debatable topic.

And as for alcohol:

Oh alcohol.  Americans couldn't get enough of you. Until they did. And then they started doing heroine. And found out heroine was even worse so then they came back to you. Did you know they'd come back? You knew...and they'd learn their lesson hmm?
Oh alcohol..the most accepted intoxication thingy there is. You fuel parties from conservative to a teenager's loft when his parents aren't home. 

I guess you're alright.

In the end, there always needs to be a balance of the good and bad. I can't completely embrace something and I can't completely shun it.


Meth heads have crazy stories to tell.


so sad

I wish I could go inside timothy leary's mind!


let yourself go, completely. 


Marc and his little collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment